St. Edith CYO Families,
CYO 2023-2024 basketball registration for grades 4-8 is now open
More details to come on all of these basketball dates & activities following the close of registration.
Thank you for reading all of our updates. Feel free to email me at email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to getting back on the court for another great CYO basketball season!
St. Edith CYO Basketball Coordinator
JV (4th – 6th grades) - Players whose 13th birthday falls on or after September 1st of the current School year are eligible for the balance of the School year. Players cannot be enrolled in any grade higher than the sixth (6th) grade.
- Conditioning week – 10/30-11/3
- Kickoff Night – 11/11 – 5pm Mass, followed by pizza on gym stage followed by parent/player meeting in gym
- Placement (Tryout) Week – 11/6-11/11
- Uniform Distribution – Tentatively 11/15
- Thanksgiving Tournament (most teams) – Tentatively 11/17, 11/18, 11/22, 11/24, 11/25
- End of Season – March 16th (may end earlier depending on tournaments/playoffs)
- In accordance with the Archdiocese of Detroit, there are no games or practices on Sundays.
Practices will be held at St. Edith and a secondary local gym as needed. Home games will be held at St. Edith with away games throughout the Archdiocese of Detroit’s footprint.
Typical practice length is 90 minutes starting between 4:30 and 7:30 during the week.
JV teams typically practice 2 times per week
Games are typically played on Fridays and Saturdays, some games will be played earlier in the week.
JV teams typically play 15-20 games
Jerseys are provided and must be returned at end of season. Please see uniform acknowledgment for more details.
8 2-liters of pop per player for our halftime Pop-a-Shot fundraiser. These will be collected on kick-off night.
This is for JV Boys Basketball program